quarta-feira, 30 de dezembro de 2009

From 2009.... to 2010

Dear 2010,

Now that my end is near, I'm writing to you to reveal my deapest and most secret wishes.

I don't think I did my best within the 365 days I had. I couldn't make the most important leaders of our planet come to an agreement concerning what must be done to save the environment from us (as if we could live without it!). Well, I shouldn't be bothered anyway. I'll be dead in 24 hours.

Please, don't think I'm sad, 'cause I'm not. I know I have to die so that you can live, and I want you to live. I've had my days. Good days and bad days. I've managed to see Obama become the president of the USA, I saw people planting trees, people getting together to help those who have lost everything in floods, and there have been so many floods... Nature has been really angry these days, you know.

The bad days I want to forget. I hope I can. I don't want to close my eyes and see children being hurt, women being judged for what they wear, men being sent to a war they know nothing about.

You must know you will face enormous challenges, and you must be faithful. Don't let the bad days get into you. There's a famous band that once said: 'all you need is love'. That's not true. We need hope and faith as much as we need love.

Is love enough for a mother of a sick child? Is love enough for a father of 4 who lives in a slum and is unemployed? Is love enough for those who lost someone?

People need to believe in something (or someone) to look ahead. I look ahead and I see you. And I put my hope and my faith on you.

I hope you can look backwards and be proud of me, learn from my mistakes and make it better.

Love,

2009

2 comentários:

  1. What a nice post, Cris! Well done!
    It's great!

    Love, hope and faith. They will also be in my list. Again.

    I wish all of us a nice 2010.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. wow! Where can I buy a little box full of Cris' thoughts so I can have them always around? :)

    ResponderExcluir