quinta-feira, 25 de junho de 2009

10 things that I liked this semester

I had the chance to teach an amazing group this semester. I had a great time with them, and I'll miss them all.

During the time we spent together, they realized that many things most people like, I don't. They got to the conclusion that I hate everything, which is not true.

So, to prove them wrong, I told them I was going to leave them a message here, and I prepared this list of things that I liked, especially this semester.

Angelica, Bart, Bob, Bruce, Charles, Cindy, Dustin, Emely and Ramon (in alphabetical order so that nobody gets jealous), I hope you like it.

10 things that I liked this semester:

1) Stephenie Meyer's books;
2) Carambola;
3) Cindy's speech;
4) Bruce playing the guitar;
5) Bart's compositions;
6) Emely's poem;
7) Ramon's smart lines (just the ones with 'good' words)
8) Bob's love declaration letter;
9) Dustin and Charles' breaking-up letter (I just hope you guys never get to break up with anybody);
10) sharing the same interest in Edward Cullen with Angelica.

But what I liked the most was to see how much each one of you has improved.

You guys rock!

A las chicas del español, !no tengáis celos! !Ha sido muy divertido enseñaros!

Have a nice holiday, yall. I hope you sleep and read a lot!

Whitney/Isabel

20 comentários:

  1. Stephenie Meyer's books, I liked them too, but think that Midnight Sun will be the best of the lot, hope she finishes it....
    Edward Cullen, second best only to Mr. Darcy (from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Thalita,

    I just love Pride and Prejudice!!! I totally agree with you about Mr. Darcy. Actually, I know by heart some of his words to.... (what is the name of the girl?!?! Elizabeth???)

    "You have bewitched me. Body and soul."

    ResponderExcluir
  3. I'm sure Cindy's speech there is something about enviroment. Am I right? Maybe not... It can be about the vampire.

    Love you.

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Hi, Julie.

    Cindy's speech was about dreams, sleeping, why and when people have dreams, people who talk when they are speeping, what to do when someone is sleepwalking. Really cool. She almost gave a lecture about it.

    Once she is a bit shy and quiet, she really surprised me.

    Bob was the one that talked about 'the' vampire, but he also talked about other vampire writers, which was great. I hope he gives his love declaration letter to someone one day. It's really worth it.

    Love you back.

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Cool! I also liked Cindy's speech so. I guess I know who this Bob is.

    Tell me... Why this love declaration letters? Where did you get this idea? Was there anyone in love in this class and you were trying to help? Is it?

    Kisses,
    Julie.

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Wrong again, Julie.

    For the last composition of the semester, I gave them 3 options: to write a letter applying for a job, to write a letter breaking up with a boyfriend/girlfriend, or to write a letter declaring his or her love to someone else.

    Bob picked the third option. It's a pity people don't write these kind of letters anymore these days.

    Any further questions?

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Funny girl...

    You know the answer. Wanna try one of my nuggets one of these days?

    ResponderExcluir
  8. I didn't know the answer... If I did I wouldn't ask twice.

    But I can try it. Whenever you want.

    ResponderExcluir
  9. I thought you did.

    I can cook 3 things: eggs, nuggets and hamburgers.

    Having cooking lessons is one of my projects for after retirement.

    ResponderExcluir
  10. Hey Cris, have you ever read a book called "Mr. Darcy's Diary"? It's really nice, it was written by Amanda Granger who writes creative interpretations of classic novels, I have the PDF if you are interested!

    ResponderExcluir
  11. Nice one, Julie.

    Placar de respostas curtas e diretas: 2 x 1 (pra mim).

    ResponderExcluir
  12. Hi, Thalita.

    I haven't read this one. What is a PDF? Can you send it to me? My personal e-mail is cristiana@tfla.com.br.

    I'll see you around.

    ResponderExcluir
  13. Você sabe que o meu negócio é responder direito. Resposta completa!

    ResponderExcluir
  14. Hi, Cris!
    I just sent the book to your e-mail, a PDF is a kind of file, if you have any problems to open it tell me and I see what I can do!

    ResponderExcluir
  15. My declaration letter? Really? And I thought it was not good. UHAUHE'

    Whitney, U ROOOCK! *-*

    P.S.: I'm loving Breaking Dawn. *-*

    ResponderExcluir
  16. Bob,

    You'll make me wanna read it again.

    Have you heard anything about a fifth book? (Something like Edward's side of the story of New Moon.)

    Whitney

    ResponderExcluir
  17. Of course! Midnight Sun is the name. But, JACOB SUCKS! u.u'

    He's soooooooo boring;

    ResponderExcluir
  18. You're sooooooooooo wrong!

    The actor that plays Jacob is already on the front page of TWO famous magazines.

    And this is just the beginning. Wait and see.

    ResponderExcluir